Valentine Bunny Dress — Free Crochet Pattern
Bella said she was so certain that she would have TWO dates for Valentine’s Day that she said she should change her name to Valentine Bunny. This is why there are two versions of her dress. One dress is in the traditional red for Valentine’s day and the other dress is pink with red accents.
Note: The pattern for Bella is also available for free to subscribers.
Links to Related Posts
(Click on description to go to related content page.)
Material for Valentine Bunny Dress
- Lion Brand Yarns Vanna’s Choice medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (31/2 oz/170 yds/100g per ball):
- Red—1 ball
- Pink—1 ball
- You can use either hook size
- Size H/8/5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge (pink dress made with it)
- Size G/6/4mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge (red dress made with it)
- Tapestry needle
sc2tog (sc dec) (Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop) twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 sc decreased
Instructions for Valentine Bunny Dress
Bottom of dress.
Rnd 1: Ch 30, join with sl st to first ch. Ch 1, sc in each ch. Join with slip st to first sc. (30 sc)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc; join with slp st to first sc.
Rnd 3: Ch 3 (counts as a double crochet), 4 dc into the same sc; [skip sc, 5 dc in sc] repeat around; in third ch of beg ch 3, sl st into next sc. (75 dc)
Rnd 4: Ch 2, hdc in each dc, around; join with slp st the second ch of the ch 2. Fasten off.
Top of dress
Pink Dress Note: If you are making the pink dress, then join red, work for two rounds and change color back to pink.
Red Dress Note: The direction of the hook was different for the top of dress to provide more contrast. The hook entered the stitches from the inside of the dress.
Rnd 1: Join yarn to a ch st created in round one for the bottom of the dress. Ch 1, sc in each ch. Join with slip st to first sc. (30 sc)
Rnds 2-7: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with slip st to first sc.
Rnd 8: Ch 1, [sc in each of next 3 sc, sc dec (see Notes) in next 2 sc] around. (25 sc)
Rnds 9-11: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with slip st to first sc.
Fasten off and weave in yarn ends.
Sleeve (make 2)
Rnd 1: Ch 10, slp st to join with first ch, ch 1, sc in each ch st; slp st to join with first sc. (10 sc)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc around. Slp st to join with first sc.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc around. Slp st to join with first sc. (20 sc)
Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc around. Slp st to join with first sc.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 10 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with slip st to first sc. (10 sc)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in sc, in next sc work hdc and dc, in next sc work dc, tc, and dc, hdc in sc, slp st in sc, hdc in sc, in next sc work dc, tc and dc, in next sc work dc and hdc, sc in sc, in next sc work sc, dc, and sc, slp st to join with first sc.
Fasten off and leave a tail for sewing.
- Heart—sew into place. The placement of the heart should be centered at the top of the dress. The top of the heart should overhang the top of the dress by approximately ½”.
- Sleeves—sew into place. There should be one sc between the widest part of the heart and the sleeve. Match up the bottom four stitches of the sleeve with four stitches of the dress and sew them together.
- Weave in ends and trim.