Free Beading Tutorial for the Two-Hole Bead Ladder Stitch Ring
This beading project shows how versatile the Es-O Mini bead and this ladder stitch ring can be. You can modify the ring design in the following ways:
- using the same color palette, but varying the seed bead pattern
- changing the color palette
- adding a focal bead (there will be a tutorial on this in a future post)
Plus, this ring looks great stacked. I am thinking that this could be the perfect DIY gift project.
*The ring shown is a size six and eight two-hole Es-O Mini beads were used.
- 2g 10/0 Czech Seed Beads in TWO colors (2g per color)
- 8* Two-hole Es-o Mini Beads
- Beading Thread
- Big Eye Needle
Thread Note: You have two choices on how to create a secure ring. Choice one is to double over the threads. Choice two is to repeat thread path twice.
In order to maintain the pattern, the last step you should work is step five. However, you will only pick up the Es-O Mini bead and not the three gold beads. To complete the band the band, you will pass through the first three gold beads you picked up. You should follow the same thread path as in step five.
- Pick up three gold beads, one aqua, one gold, and one aqua. Pass through all six beads again. Create two columns of three beads.
- Pick up three gold beads. Pass through the last three beads picked up in the prior step and the three just added in this step.
- Pick up one Es-O Mini bead and three gold beads. Pass through the second hold of the Es-O bead, the three gold added in the prior step, and the beads just added.
- Pick up one aqua, one gold, and one blue. Pass through the three gold of the prior step and the beads just added.
- Pick up three gold beads. Pass through the three beads from the prior step and the beads just added.
- Repeat steps three through five until you have achieved the desired size.
- The last Es-O Mini is picked up alone. It will share the three gold bead picked up on the very first step. Follow the same thread path as in step five. Weave in thread ends and trim.
Additional Ring Patterns
Just click on the title next to the photo to go to the post.