Free Tutorial on how to make a Two-Hole Tango Bead—Beaded Bead
This free beading tutorial builds on the previous three posts. What makes this beaded bead different from the previous beaded bead is that it features the 2-hole Tango bead. The Tango bead has a triangle shape and has two holes that allows for multiple configurations: cubes, pyramids, and other geometric shapes. The design of the previous beaded was elevated by Incorporating this bead. Changing the beads used in a project can have a dramatic effect. In this case, adding the 2-hole Tango bead made the tubular herringbone stitch look like the twisted version. To see the instructions click Read more below the photo.
Two-Hole Tango Bead-Beaded Bead Materials
8 6/0 Czech Seed Beads Matte Copper
16 8/0 Czech Seed Beads Matte Copper
24 2Tiny Fire Polished Beads
24 10/0 Czech Seed Beads Matte Copper
4 2-hole Tango (triangle) beads Bright Copper
Big Eye Needle
1) Follow the August 10th tutorial and create an eight bead ladder using 6/0 . Click here to goto the ladder stitch tutorial.
2) Follow the August 11th tutorial and work in the tubular herringbone stitch. Click here to goto the tubular herringbone stitch tutorial. The first round is worked using 8/0, the second round is worked using the 2Tiny fire polished beads, the third row is worked using the 10/0.
3) Work one 2Tiny Fire Polished beads between the pair of seed beads. Repeat a total of four times and step up by passing through the first bead added in this step.
4) Work one 10/0 seed bead into each 2Tiny Fire Polished bead. Repeat a total of four times. Pass through the seed beads added in this step a couple of times. Then weave through the beads exiting a 6/0 bead.
5) Add the 2-hole Tango Beads and 6/0 seed beads. Use the photo for reference regarding the orientation of the holes of the tango bead. Pick up one tango bead and two 8/0 seed beads. Pass the needle down through the second hole of the tango bead and the seed bead below it. Repeat a total of four times. At the end of round you’ll step up through three beads instead of the standard two.