Enchanted Two-Hole Bead Pendant
Free Beading Pattern
Don’t worry if you don’t have a fairy godmother. You can still have something fabulous to wear to for that special occasion. Create your own magic by making this super easy beaded bezel pendant.
- 2g 10/0 Czech Seed Bead Silver Matte (A)
- 22 4mm Es-O Mini 2-hole Beads Aqua (B)
- 2g 8/0 Czech Seed Bead Silver Matte (C)
- 1 14mm Swarovski Rivoli Crystal (D)
- 12 3mm Czech Glass Pearls Smooth Round White (E)
- 2 7mm x 5mm Czech Fire polished Tear Drops Crystal AB (F)
- 1 13mm x 10mm Czech Fire polished Tear Drops Crystal AB (G)
- Beadalon® WildFire™ beading thread diameter 00.20 (.008”) Black
- Big Eye Needle
Enchanted Two-Hole Bead Pendant Instructions
You will create the enchanted two-hole bead pendant by working in the tubular peyote stitch.
- On four feet of beading thread, pick up the following: 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B,1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B,1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B,1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1B, 1A, and 1B—14A and 14B. Form a ring by passing through all the beads again and then the first A bead picked up.
- Start working in the peyote stitch. Pick up 1A. Pass the needle through the next A. Repeat a total of fourteen times. Weave through beads so that your needle is exiting the second hole (outside edge) of a B.
- Pick up one 1C and pass through the next B. Repeat a total of fourteen times. Step up by passing through the first C added in this step.
- Work second round of peyote stitch using C. Step up.
- Work two rounds in the peyote stitch using A. After the first round, insert the Rivoli facedown. (The second round is what holds the Rivoli in place.) Weave your needle through the beads so that it is exiting a bead from the second round worked using C (step 4).
Start Embellishing Outside Edge
Pick up 1C and pass through the next C—repeat twice. Pick up 1E and pass through the C—repeat twelve times. Prepare to work the beaded bail. Pass the needle through the next 4C—the two you add and the two you passed through.
You will create the bail by working in the flat even count peyote stitch.
- Pick up 1C and pass through the next C—repeat twice. Continue working in this manner until the peyote bead strip is long enough to wrap around the chain upon which the pendant will be worn.
- Zip stitch to the first row worked. (The last row should fit together with the first row like the teeth of the zipper. If this is not the case, then add an additional row.) Pass the needle back and forth between the first and last row in a zig-zag fashion. Repeat path to secure.
Finish Embellishing Outside Edge
- Weave through the bead so that the needle is exiting the fourth pearl added. (Needle should be facing south.) Pick up 2B, pass through the next E, pick up 1B and pass through the next E—repeat twice. Pick up 2B. Pass through the next E.
- Pick up 2A. Pass the needle through the second hole of B. Pick up 1C, 1A, 1F, and 1A. Pass the needle up through 1F, 1A, and 1C. Now, you will pass the needle through the second hole of the next 2B.
- Pick up 5A. Pass through the next B. Pick up 1C, 3A, 1G, and 1A. Pass the needle up through 1G, 3A, and 1C. Now, you will pass the needle through the second hole of the next 2B.
- Pick up 1C, 1A, 1F, and 1A. Pass the needle up through 1F, 1A, and 1C. Pass through the next B. Pick up 2A. Pass through the next pearl. (Your needle sound be entering from the north side.
- Reinforce beads while you weave in thread ends and then trim.