A Necklace Fit for an Egyptian Queen
This two-hole DiamonDuo necklace is featured in the February/March 2017 issue of Beadwork magazine. This post includes information about making this Two-hole DiamonDuo Necklace. I also decided to post pictures and materials for all three versions of the necklace. I thought readers might find it helpful to see effect of colors on a design.
Two-hole DiamonDuo Necklace—Information About Making this Necklace
The stitches I used to create this necklace are: Square Stitch, Right Angle Weave Variation and Netting.
Materials—Two-hole DiamonDuo Beads
If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know that the two-hole DiamonDuo bead was introduced in 2016.
If you are new to this blog or missed the post, then here is some background on the bead. They are diamond shaped with a faceted top. The holes run parallel across the width of the bead. The dimensions are: 5mm at its widest point X 8mm long and 3.5mm high at its thickest point. They come in 65 colors.
Where You Can Buy Them
Below is a list of online retailers of the DiamonDuo Beads. Clicking on the names below will open links to the sites.
3 g matte brass size 11º Czech seed beads (A)
3 g green turquoise opaque size 10º Czech seed beads (B)
7 g matte brass size 8º Czech seed beads (C)
78 purple iris 8x5mm 2-hole DiamonDuos (D)
54 white 3mm pearl rounds (E)
26 turquoise 3mm pearl rounds (F)
1 antiqued gold 17mm toggle clasp
Black 6 lb WildFire thermally bonded beading thread
- 3 g nickel size 11º Japanese seed beads (A)
- 3 g green turquoise opaque size 10º Czech seed beads (B)
- 7 g nickel size 8º Czech seed beads (C)
- 78 antiqued silver 8x5mm 2-hole DiamonDuos (D)
- 54 white 3mm pearl rounds (E)
- 26 turquoise 3mm pearl rounds (F)
- 1 silver 24mm toggle clasp
- Black 6 lb WildFire thermally bonded beading thread
- 6 g bronze size 11º Japanese seed beads (Use for Materials A and B.)
- 7 g matte brass size 8º Czech seed beads (C)
- 78 green chalk lumi 8x5mm 2-hole DiamonDuos (D)
- 54 blue lumi 3mm fire-polished rounds (E)
- 26 white chalk 3mm fire-polished rounds (F)
- 1 antiqued gold 22mm toggle clasp
- Frost 6 lb WildFire thermally bonded beading thread