Free Beading Tutorial for the Two-hole Candy Bead Ladder Stitch Ring
This two-hole candy bead ladder stitch ring is a variation of the two-hole bead ladder stitch ring. It looks great on its own or stacked with the prior version. Click here for the prior version.
(Seven Es-o mini beads were used for a size 6 ring)
- 2g 10/0 Czech Seed Beads in TWO colors (2g per color
- 7 Two-hole Es-o Mini Beads
- Beading Thread
- Big Eye Needle
Thread Note: You have two choices on how to create a secure ring. Choice one is to double over the threads. Choice two is to repeat thread path twice.
- Pick up three gold beads, one aqua, one gold, and one aqua. Pass through all six beads again creating two columns of three beads.
- Pick up three gold beads. Pass through the lass three beads picked up in the prior step and three just picked up.
- Pick up one Es-o mini bead and three gold beads. Pass through the second hold of the two-hole bead, the three gold added in the prior step, and the beads just added.
- Pick up one aqua, one gold, and one blue. Pass through the three gold of the prior step and the beads just added.
- Pick up three gold beads. Pass through the three beads from the prior step and the beads just added.
- Pick up one gold bead, one Es-o mini, one candy, one gold, one Es-o, and three gold beads. Pass through the second hole of the Es-o. Pick up one gold bead. Pass through the second hole of the candy bead. Pick up one gold bead. Pass through the second hole of the first Es-o mini picked up in this step and the three gold beads from the previous step. Pass through the Es-o, the gold, the candy and three gold beads again. (See thumbnail photos at bottom of post.)
- Repeat steps four and five.
- Repeat steps three through five until you have achieved the desired size.
- The last Es-o mini is picked up alone. It will share the three gold bead picked up on the very first step. Follow the same thread path as in step five. Weave in thread ends and trim.
In order to maintain the pattern, the last step you should work is step five. However, you will only pick up the Es-o mini bead and not the three gold beads. To complete the band the band, you will pass through the first three gold beads you picked up. You should follow the same thread path as in step five.