This is a free card making tutorial for a cat shaker card. It makes a good birthday card or for other occasions when a gift is given.
- Cardstock:White (including card base folded of 4 ¼” X 5 ½”), Gold Metallic, Bright Pink Cardstock 3 7/8” X 5 1/8”
- Clear Plastic Sheeting
- Stampendous® Changito Bday Perfectly Clear™ Stamps SSC177-R and Fluffles Gift SKU: 478109
- Ancient Page® Ink Pad Coal Black and Black
- Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic gel ink: Pink #529, Gold #551, Copper / Orange#554, Silver 553
- Tombow ® Dual Brush Pen Carnation #761
- Darice® 14 Gram Confetti Pk Birthday Hats-Item #: 1630-64
- Marvy ® Clever Lever Giga Craft Punch—Square
- Foam Mounting tape
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
Cat Shaker Card Instructions
- Cut a 3 1/8” square from the gold metallic paper. Use Giga Square punch to cut out center. Cut a square from the plastic sheeting a fraction smaller than the frame and attach to back of frame using
- Ink up cat stamp with coal black and stamp on white card stock. Use carnation marker to color the inside of the ear and the nose. Color in the present with the metallic ink pens using the photo for reference.
- Frame the cat image with foam tape. Make sure that the tape won’t show through when the window is covering it. Note: It is important that the foam tape frame is solid so the confetti won’t come out of the card when shaken. Fill base with some confetti. Attach window to cat image piece.
- Ink up word stamps with black ink and stamp on front of card
- Attach shaker component to the center of the hot pink and then attach to the card base.