Snowman Bookmark could be part of the perfect gift
Have you ever considered the following questions regarding the perfect gift?
- What makes a perfect gift?
- Is it something glamorous with a big price tag?
- Why do you seek out the perfect gift?
Giving the perfect gift is a way of showing someone how much you care. Most of us have at least one person who seems to make giving the perfect gift impossible–regardless of your budget. The perfect gift doesn’t have to be about the price tag.
Thought & Effort Vs. a High Price Tag
Some of the best gifts I have received were the ones that demonstrated that the person invested time and thought into the gift. Today I will share a gift idea along those lines. You could select a book based on your knowledge of the person’s interests and present it with this charming Snowman Gift Bag along with the coordinating bookmark. To help you meet the perfect gift challenge, I will send the template for this project to those who become followers and express interest in receiving the pattern.
- National Nonwovens Wool Felt: Red, Pink, Black, Orange and White
- Embroidery Floss-Pink
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Marvy® Liquid Appliqué™- White
- DecoArt Americana® Acrylics: Snow White, Razzle Berry and Black
- Stylus Tool
- Cardstock or Cardboard
- Cut–two 9″ X 2 1/2″ strips from the red felt, three ovals and three small circles from the white felt, three hats and scarves from pink felt, three triangles from the orange felt and cardstock about 1/4″ smaller (in both dimension) than the red felt strips.
- Embellish–Apply paint using the stylus. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for applying the liquid appliqué to the hat.
- Assemble–Insert cardstock between the two pieces of red felt and sew together using the blanket stitch. Use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® to attach pieces.