Free card making tutorial on how to make this Little Bee Flower Shaker Card. It is the fourth card in the series.
Cardstock: White, Pink, Lime Green, Yellow for card base (folded size is 4 ¼” X 5 ½”)
Clear Plastic Sheeting
Stamps: Stampendous® Bee Showers and Hero Arts® Clear Design: Friends CL351
Inks: VersaMark™ Watermark Stamp Pad, Ranger® Embossing Powders Black
Pens: Gelly Roll® Stardust® Clear-star and Tombow ® Dual Brush Pen Pink Rose #703
Darice® Jewelry Designer™ Glass Transparent Rainbow Seed Beads 10/0 Orange AB
Fiskars® Shape Template™ Circles 4850 and ShapeCutter™
½” Circle Punch
Foam Mounting Tape
Glaze® 3-D Glossy Ink
Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Front Panel (4 ¼” X 5 ½” gloss white cardstock)
- Cut a 1 ½” circle for window as shown in photo.
- Cut a 2 ½” square from clear plastic sheeting and adhere to the wrong side of the front panel.
- Cut a ¼” wide by 3” long strip to create stem and cut three leaves.
- Attach stem at an angle and trim bottom at an angle to match up with side of card.
- Attach two leaves to right side of stem and one to left side using photo for placement reference.
- Use the ½” circle punch on pink paper to create twelve petals. Attach petals around the front of the window.
- Circle Frame for Beads–On a separate piece of glossy white cardstock cut out a 1 ½” circle using circle template. (The circle can be saved for use in another project.) Then place the 2” circle template over the same location and cut to create a ring. Glue beads to ring. After glue has dried attach over window.
- Ink up sentiment with Watermark Stamp Pad, stamp bottom right-hand corner, and emboss with Black Embossing Powder.
- Ink up the smallest bee on the stamp with the watermark pad and stamp on a 2 ½ ” square piece of glossy white cardstock and emboss with black embossing powder. Color cheeks and umbrella with pink rose marker. Use the Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Star to color in the wings. Use the Glaze 3-D Glossy ink pen to color in the rest of the image using photo for reference.
- Create a circular frame around the bee image using foam mounting tape and fill with beads. Make sure that the tape won’t show through when the window is covering it. Note: It is important that the foam tape ring be solid so the beads won’t come out of the card when shaken. Attach behind circular window. Then attach to yellow card base.