Craft Designer will be posting two Holiday Card ideas that are budget friendly because they utilizes basic craft supplies. Don’t worry if you do not own all the items listed under the materials. The design can be easily modified to utilizes what you do own. For example, if you do not have a snowflake die, then experiment with an image that you do own. Or, if you do not own a die cut system, then try a snowflake paper punch. Just remember to experiment and to have fun.
Sizzix™ BIGkick, Multipurpose Platform, Cutting Pad, Standard and Sizzlits® 4 Pk Snowflakes
Clearsnap Inks: ColorBox Classic Pigment Inks: Evergreen, Hunter Green, Green, Scarlet, Frost White, Dune, Merlot, Chalk Ink Lipstick Red and Vivid!® Dye Ink Coffee Bean
Stampendous® Foliate Quad Cube –TC51
Stampland Chicago Antique Script Block 9307
Cardstock: Red, White and Green
Aleene’s® Acid Free Tacky Glue™ Glue Stick
- Create a standard card base with folded dimensions of 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4. Cut a strip of green cardstock that is1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Use snowflake die on white cardstock. Do not remove the snowflake. Apply the inks of red and green using a cosmetic sponge. Stamp anitque script block using Coffee Bean. Stamp leaves using frost white. Make sure inks are dry before touching. A heatgun can be used to speed up the process. Craft Tip: Save the snowflake to embellish another card.
- Trim design and back with a piece of white cardstock of the same size.
- Assemble card using glue stick.
- Stamp sentiment in frost white.