Free 2-Hole Bead Purple & Gold Bracelet Pattern
Today’s free beading pattern is for the 2-hole bead purple and gold bracelet. It features the 2-hole Es-o Mini bead in Bordeaux . (The Bordeaux looks more like purple to me). The stitches you will use to create this bracelet are: peyote, right angle weave, and square. To make the clasp, you will use the peyote stitch for the bar and the square stitch to embellish the loop. To make the links between the square components, you will use a modified right angle weave stitch.
Size (including clasp): 7 ¼”
- 4g 11/0 Czech Seed Beads 24K Gold Plated (A)
- 2g 8/0 Czech Seed Beads 24K Gold Plated (B)
- 2g 11/0 Czech Seed Beads Charlotte Olive Jade Luster (C)
- 52 4mm 2-hole Es-o Mini Beads Bordeaux (it looks purple) (D)
- Beadalon® WildFire™ beading thread diameter 00.15mm (.006”)–Black
- Big Eye Needle
2-Hole Bead Purple & Gold Bracelet Instructions
Square Component (make 4)
- Start with 3’ of beading thread doubled over. Pick up 4B leaving a 6” tail. Form a ring by passing through the beads again. Tie an overhand knot and pass through the next bead.
- Pick up 3D. Pass through the B below (the one that the thread is exiting) and the next B. Repeat three more times.
- The needle should be exiting a B. Pick up 3C and pass through the next B. Repeat three more times. Step up by passing through the second hole of the next D.
- Create a chain connector. It is added between two groups of 3D. Pick up 1A, 1B and 1A. Pass through the next D from the far side. Pick up 1A. To complete the circuit pass through the first D again. Repeat thread path to make secure. Use the tail to create a parallel chain connector.
Bar Component of Clasp
Create bar using the peyote stitch. On 3’ piece of beading thread, pick up 10A. Pick up 1A. Skip the first A and pass the needle through the next A. Repeat across. Work twelve rows in the peyote stitch. The original 10A picked up counts as two rows.
Transform the strip into a tube. Zip stitch the edges (first and last rows) together by passing the needle back and forth.
Embellish ends of bar. Pick up 2D. Pass down through an A on the opposite side. Pick up 1A. Pass through second hole of D. Pick up 3C and pass through the next D. Pick up 1A and pass down through an A (from the bar edge). Weave through to the opposite side of the bar and repeat. Weave thread so that it is exiting the 5th A along the length of the bar.
Links are reinforced by repeating the thread path that you used to create the links. You can reinforce while you are creating the links or wait until the end.
- Start chain off of the bar. Work one peyote stitch using A.
- Create the base link. Pick up 3A, 1B, and 3A. Complete the circuit by passing through the beads that were used in the one peyote stitch. Step up by passing through the first 3A and the 1 B picked up in this step.
- Create a link: pick up 3A, 1B, and 3A. Complete the circuit by passing through the B of the previous link. Step up by passing through the first 3A and the 1B. (Repeat twice.)
- Connect the chain to the B of the square component’s chain connector. Pick up 3A. Pass through the B. Pick up 3A. Complete the circuit by passing through the B of the previous link. Step up by weaving around to the opposite side of the square and ending up exiting connector from B.
- Repeat steps three and four until you have connected all the square components.
- Create two links after the fifth (last) square.
Pick up 27A. Complete the circuit by passing through B. Pass through 27A again. Embellish the loop by working in the square stitch using C. Pick up 1C. Pass through the A below and the C you just added. Repeat 26 more times. Weave in thread ends and reinforce as needed.