DIY Wedding Elegant Stationery—How to
DIY Wedding Elegant Stationery is a project that a DIY bride could take on. If you have never hand-stamped cards before, then here is the advice I would give you. First, I would tell you that things always seem to take much longer than one would expect. Second, I would highly recommend coming up with a design like the one shown in this post. Third, I would ask you to look at this example. Fourth, I would share my view that simple can be elegant. A more complex design will definitely be more time-consuming, but there is no guarantee that it will be more elegant. Fifth, I would suggest that you create all the components needed to create the base design for the number of cards required. Then if time allows, modify/tweak the design.
- Stamp: Stampland Chicago Lovebirds 9305 26
- Die-Cut Machine, such as Sizzix® BIGkick™, Accessory – Multipurpose Platform and Cutting Pad
- Three Nesting Die-Cuts —the smallest starting at 3″ X 3″, such as Spellbinders™ Nestabilities ® Labels One and Labels One Sm*
- Top Boss® Watermark Inkpad and Silver Embossing Powder
- Cardstock: Silver, Black, and White (if making versions 3 or 4 select an additional color of cardstock
- Ribbon (optional)
- Bone Folder
- Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
*Note on Die-Cuts: Please don’t feel like you have to buy two sets of nesting dies. I happened to own these two sets. Whatever die set you purchase, just make sure that there are three that will work for your stamp. The stamp used in this post requires a minimum height and width of 3″.
About Spellbinders Nestabilities sets. There is 1/2″ difference between dies within a set. If there is a coordinating set, then there is a 1/4″ difference between the corresponding die-cut. In other words, if the first die-cut in set A is 3″ then the first die-cut in set B is 3 1/4
- Create the card base. Cut a 4 1/4″ X 8 1/2″ rectangle. Score the card in the middle to create a 4 1/4″ square.
- Die cut the following:
- white cardstock square that is 3″
- black cardstock square that is 3 1/2″
- silver cardstock square that 3 3/4″
- Ink up the image with the Watermark page. Stamp on white 3″ square. Sprinkle embossing powder. Apply heatgun.
- Photo 1 –Assemble card using photo 1 for reference.
- Photo 2–Please note the orientation difference. Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it to the card base.
- Photo 3–Choose an additional color of cardstock. Cut it into a 4 1/4 square. Assemble accordingly.
- Photo 4–Follow step 6. Cut a ribbon. Tie it around the card.