Free Beading Tutorial
Two-Hole Beads Circular Brick Stitch Earrings
Learn how to make these two-hole beads circular brick earrings. They feature two types of two-hole beads:the Two-hole Es-O mini Bead and Candy Bead.
Note: This project is a for subscribers. To access the instructions, please make sure to subscribe via the box below.
- 2 8mm Preciosa Candy™ 2-hole Cabochon Green Turquoise Opaque (A)
- 1g 11/0 Czech Seed Bead 24K Gold Plated(B)
- 14 4mm Es-O Mini 2-hole Beads Bordeaux (C)
- 14 5mm Czech Fire Polished Beads Round Champagne(D)
- 4 8/0 Czech Seed Beads 24K Gold Plated (E)
- 2 Earring Wires
- Beadalon® WildFire™ beading thread diameter 00.15mm (.006”)
- Big Eye Needle
You will be using the circular brick stitch to frame the two-hole candy bead. Due to its second hole, you will have to create four loops versus the standard two. The edges where the two holes are close together will be referred to as the top and the bottom. A total of 14 brick stitches will frame the candy bead—three along the top and bottom and four along the sides.
Frame the Focal Bead
- On 2 1/2 feet of beading thread, pick up 1A leaving an 6” tail. Form the first side loop by passing through the same hole again. Pass down through the next hole to create the top edge loop. Form the second side loop by passing down through the same hole again. Pass up through the next hole to create the bottom edge loop.
- Pick up 2B. Pass the needle under the thread loop (heading towards you) and up through second bead picked up. Pull the thread so the beads rest snugly on the center bead. (You may need to use your fingers to nudge the beads into place.)
- Finish the round, picking up one bead at a time. Pick up 1B, pass under the loop, and then pass back up through the bead. Repeat all the way until you have 14B framing A.(The top and bottom loops should each have 3B and the sides should have 4B.) After you complete the fourteenth stitch, pass down through the first bead, out towards the back, under the thread loop in front of the first bead, and up through the first bead.
Embellish Focal Bead
- Pick up 1C and 2B. Pass the needle down through the second hole of C , the B below and up through the next B.
- Repeat step one all the way around until you have added a total of 7C. Step up by passing through the the first C and 2B picked up in step one.
- Fill in spaces between the pairs of B. Pick up 1D and pass through the next 2B. Repeat all the way around. You should have added a total of 7D.
Finish Earring and Attach Earring Wire
- Create a herringbone connector. Thread should be exiting between a pair of B. Pick up 2B. Pass down the next, up through the original bead and the first B picked up. Work two more herringbone stitches using B and one stitch using E
- Attach Earring wire. Pass through the loop of the earring wire, down through the next bead, and up through the original bead. Repeat thread path util secure. Weave in thread ends and trim.
- Repeat all the steps above for the second earring.