This free beaded bead tutorial features the two-hole DiamonDuo™ Bead (from m BeadMaster USA ). The DiamonDuo is the latest addition to the 2-hole bead group. They are diamond shaped with a faceted top. The holes run parallel across the width of the bead. The dimensions are: 5 mm at its widest point X 8 mm long and 3.5 mm high at its thickest point. They come in 65 colors,
While experimenting with the beads, I found that due to their structure they work really well when making a beaded bead using the right angle weave stitch. They seemed to require less additional pass throughs to maintain its round shape then other beads. Beaded beads can be used to create impact and to express your own individuality. Theses beaded beads would also make an eye-catching decoration for the holidays or a special occasions, such as Christmas or a Wedding. For a DIY Wedding–brides can customize the beaded beads to achieve a unique look for that special day.
7 g 11/0 Seed Beads (A)
7″ Stand 4mm Round Bead (pearl or fire polished) (B)
Vial DIAMONDUO Beads (C)
Beadalon® WildFire™ beading thread diameter 00.20 (.008”)
Big Eye Needle
How to Make a Two-hole DiamonDuo Beaded Bead
- Start Unit. Pick up 1A, 1B, 1A, 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, and 1C, Pass through all the beads a couple of times.
- Close the center. Weave the thread so that it is exiting the second hole of the DiamonDuo Bead. Pass through all 4C until secure, then weave thread so that it is exiting an A bead.
- Create next unit. (It shares 1A, 1B, and 1A with the previous unit. Pick up 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, 1C, 1A, 1B, 1A, and 1C, Pass through all the beads a couple of times.
- Repeat step 2.
- Repeat steps 2 and three.
- Connect ends.Pass the following beads at the other end–1A, 1B and 1C. Repeat on the other side to complete the circuit. Repeat path to secure. Close center by repeating step 2.
- Finish the remaining two sides. (Apply the following steps to both sides.) Fill in each of the four remaining spaces with 1C. Repeat step 2. Finish the other side.
- Weave in thread ends and trim.