Two-Hole Bead Beaded Cuff Bracelet is today’s beading tutorial/pattern. It features two different types of two-hole beads–DiamonDuo and Pinched Outlined SuperDuo from BeadMaster USA . If you are not into cuff bracelets, then you could make the version shown in silver.
DiamonDuo–is the newest addition to the two-hole bead family. The holes go through the width of the bead and run parallel to each other. It should be easy to create a color combo that suits your taste because they come in 65 colors.
Pinched Outlined SuperDuo–they add a new twist to the two-hole SuperDuo bead with which you might be familiar. The pinched outline creates interest in the design and allows for a snug fit in construction.
7g 8/0 Seed Beads (A)
Vial DiamonDuo Beads (B)
Pinched Outline SuperDuo Beads (C)
Vial DiamonDuo Beads (second color) (D)
2 Big Eye Needles
Beadalon® WildFire™ beading thread diameter 00.20 (.008”)
- On the longest piece of thread you are comfortable working with pick up 1B and 4A leaving a tail that approximately 1/2 the length of the thread. (This will be used later.) Pass the needle through the second hole of B.
- Pick up 1A, 1C and 2A. Pass through the second hole of C.
- Pick up 1A and 1B.
- Attach 2nd needle to tail. Repeat step 2.
- Pick up 1A and pass through the needle through the second hole of the last DiamonDuo added.
- Repeat steps two through 5 until you have achieved the desired length.
- On both needles pick up 2A. Pass the needle through the beads picked up by the other needle.
- Start the return trip. Pick up 1C 1A, and 1B. Pass through the closest pair of 1A. Repeat all the way to the end.
- Pick up 3A and pass through the second hole of B.
- Pick up 3A and pass through the 2nd hole of the third B (on the same end of the band).
- Add outside edge. Pick up 1A, 1D, and 3A. Pass through the second hole of D and the next B. Repeat all the way to the end.
Summary regarding the end B beads frame. The center Bs have a 4A frame and the two outside Bs have a 3A frame.
The clasp connector is worked off the 4A that frame the center B at either end of the band. Use either the Square or Herringbone stitch. (The stitches are linked to videos. If you don’t know the stitch, then just click on it and you will be directed to the video.)
Attach clasp. Weave thread ends in and trim.