Free St. Patrick’s Day Card Making Tutorial
Whether you are hosting or attending a St. Patrick’s Day Party this free Leprechaun card project will come in handy. With Saint Patrick’s Day around the corner I decided it would be nice to post a project inspired by it. Then I realized that I didn’t think I had any appropriate themed stamps. Perhaps this has happened to you? I thought you the reader might appreciate how I solved this challenge in a budget friendly way.
First, I considered what images made me think of St. Patrick’s Day. Since you are reading this, you know that I chose a Leprechaun.
Second, I looked through my craft supplies. I could have created this project using paint, markers, colored pencils, felt or paper. If you don’t have colored cardstock on hand, you could still make this project.
Third, I started breaking down the image into shapes.
- Cardstock–black, white, green, pink, orange and yellow
- Markers–black and orange
- Double sided tape
- Whole Punch
- Create card base with the folded dimension of 4 1/4″ wide by 5 1/2″ long from the green paper.
- Cut background layers–3 3/4″ X 5″ rectangle from the black paper and 3 1/4 X 4 1/2″ rectangle from the white paper.
- Print out the pattern pieces. Cut out the shapes using the photo for reference.
- Assemble card using tape.
- Draw mouth and eyebrows using markers.