Today’s free beaded ring pattern features the herringbone stitch using 2-hole beads. Click on read more (below the photo) to see the complete post which includes instructions with step-outs and a list of materials.
If you don’t know the stitch, then click here to go a free video on the stitch. Below is the list of materials you’ll need to make this project.
2.5 X 5mm SuperDuo (pinched outline) 2 hole Bead Pastel Green Turquoise
One 6mm Glass Pearl Smooth Round White
Four 6mm Tile 2-hole Beads Crystal Silver
- Frame Pearl. Pick up Pearl and 10 seed beads and pass through the pearl again. Frame other side with 10 beads.
- Add four Tile Beads. Pick up Tile bead. Skip four seed beads and pass through the 5th. Repeat for a total of four times.
- Fill in spaces with with superduo beads.
- Fill in spaces along the outside edge with silver seed beads. Pass the needle up through the second hole of the two-hole bead. Pick up one silver seed bead and pass through the hole of the next bead.
Create ring band starter unit. Thread should be exiting a tile bead from a hole near the outside edge.Pick up 2 seed beads and one superduo bead. Pick up 2 seed beads, pass through second hole of the superduo bead. Pick up 2 seed beads and pass into the tile bead from the opposite side. Attach a second thread to a tile bead on the opposite side. Create second ring band starter unit.
- Work herringbone stitch off of both starter units until you have achieved the desired size. (If you don’t know the stitch, the click on the video link provided at the top of this post.
- Connect ends by passing needle through the beads of the other end. The thread path should be the same as the stitch patch. Reinforce stitches as needed. Weave thread ends in and trim.