This series of Easter Card Ideas includes money saving approach to making cards and design tips. The money saving comes from sharing some examples of how to create a variety of card designs from the materials you already have on hand. All the cards in the series use virtually the same materials. The key to creating the different designs come from color application to create the background–patchwork, random, diamond and free form frame . Today’s posting shows how adding texture can have a big impact.
- Cardstock—White and Yellow
- Clearsnap Stylus Tips 3-Pack—Large Square Moldable Black Foam Tips
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink—Ice Blue, Lime Pastel, Orchid Pastel and Pigment Ink—Canary Yellow, Heliotrope
- Stampendous® Chick Ears Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
- Hero Arts® Celebrate Everyday
- Sizzix™ BIGkick, Accessory – Multipurpose Platform, and Cutting Pads
- Spellbinders™ Nestabilities ® Labels One
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK – Diamonds & Snow Cap Set
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Cut card components. The folded dimensions of the card are 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″
- Create a stamp of just the center egg from the image shown on the patchwork card. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using moldable black foam tip.
- Stamp egg image in a diamond pattern on the white card panels using the different colors.
- Apply Diamond textured folder to one of the diamond panels.
- Stamp sentiment on yellow square.
- Assemble card.