Ombre Background Snowman Card to Make
This free tutorial is for a Ombre Background Snowman Card.The definition of ombre, according the online dictionary Merriam Webster is having colors or tones that shade into each other —used especially of fabrics in which the color is graduated from light to dark
Cardstock: Black, White and Red
ColorBox® Mix’d Media Inx™ by Donna Salazar Denim, Jasmine and Peridot
Vivid!® Dye Ink Turquoise and Black
ColorBox ® Pigment Brush Pad—Lemon Grass
Top Boss® Embossing Powder—Pearl
Inkadinkado® Ornate Snowman
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card™ Snowflakes
Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
Size: 4 1/4″ Square
- Create the card base from the white card stock–4 1/4″ square. Cut a 4″ square from white cardstock and a 4 1/8″ square from the card stock.
- Create a mask of the Snowman image by stamping it on a Post-It Note and cutting it out. Make sure that part of the image is stamped over the adhesive strip.
- Using black ink stamp the snowman image on the 4″ square and on red cardstock. Cutout the hat and scarf from image stamped on the red cardstock.
- Cover the snowman with the mask. Stamp the snowflakes using Jasmine and emboss. Use the cosmetic sponges to apply Denim, Peridot, Lemon Grass and Turquoise.
- Color in the nose with orange and assemble the card.