The Halloween spider and candy corns are the featured images used in the second posting in a series of four Halloween Cards. If you are trying to make your craft budget go further, you should consider creating your own decorative background paper. That’s what I did for this Halloween series of cards. The candy corn image was repeatedly stamped on white cardstock and then color was added.
- Hero Arts® Halloween LL708
- Stampendous® Doodle Collection Trick Or Treat and Spider Window
- Cardstock: White, Orange, Yellow, Brown and Glossy Black
- Marvy® Matchable orange #7
- Ancient Page® Ink Pad Flannel Gray
- ColorBox® Paintbox Bright
- Ranger® Embossing Powders Clear EPJ00228
- Tombow® Chrome Yellow #985, Orange #933, Process Yellow #055, Blender Pen #00
- Sakura Glaze® 3-D Glossy Ink—Black and Clear
- Fun Flock Plain Ol’ Black FL401-R
- Deco Art® Glamour Dust™
- Paper Shapers® CornerAdorner® punch Cardcreator – Venetian PSPCC08C
- Aleene’s® Acid Free Tacky Glue™ Glue Stick
- Quickie Glue™ pen
1) Create card base using orange cardstock—folded size is 4 ¼” X 5 ½”. Cut the glossy white cardstock to 4 ¼” X 5 ½”. Cut from black cardstock a 1 ½” X 2 ¾” rectangle and a 2 ¾” square. Use Cardcreator punch on all four corners of square.
2) Stamp candy corn image using orange ink on the white cardstock; color in using the Chrome Yellow, Orange and Process Yellow; trim ¼” from each side; attach to orange card base using Aleene’s® Acid Free Tacky Glue™ Glue Stick.
3) Stamp Trick or Treat using ColorBox orange ink on white cardstock and emboss. Trim to 2 1/8” X 2 1/8” square.
4) Stamp spider on white cardstock using Flannel Gray. Use black 3-D glaze pen on pupils and legs of spider. Use clear 3-D Glaze on the whites of the eye. Doing this keeps spider eyes visible after flocking. Use blender pen to apply yellow from ColorBox ink pad set to create the look of light. To apply the Glamour dust onto the spider web use Quickie Glue™. Use quickie glue to apply Fun Flock to spider’s body. There should be approximately 1/8” border around spider window when you are done trimming.
5) Finish assembling the card. Insert sentiment into square and attach.