Hand Painted Holiday Cards
How can hand painted cards be easier than you might think?
The answer is stencils. I used Laurie Speltz’s™ Instant Images™ collection stencils from DecoArt®. I find the to be a good option for the following reasons:
- holiday images are sold in sets
- many of the images come in different sizes
- design options due to the overlays (you uses them to add details, such as hats
- price is reasonable considering all the images included
- acrylic paints make it easy to stitch to the budget because you can mix new colors vs. buying them
The step-by-step instructions can be found in the September 2010 issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts plus tips and techniques on using stencils.